Nearly every person who rises up to a position in leadership proclaims that one of his main goals is to make positive and meaningful impacts. Dr George Freundlich is among those leaders. It is possible to be a leader and make an actual impact on the world, but if one doesn’t focus on these two things, it will be difficult to transform from being just a manager to becoming a true leader. You both need to know what it takes to make a difference if you believe you both have the capacity and desire to lead.
1. The evaluation of potential leaders must include the question of whether or not they possess ideas or concepts that would positively affect the organization. You should thoroughly review and discuss each person’s motivating and fundamental beliefs. Is the individual able to think of new ways or make things more relevant? Do they have any ideas? But perhaps the most important aspect is whether or not a potential leader has total integrity. This can be demonstrated in every aspect of his performance.
2. Effective leadership is not possible if he approaches his position with a flying by the pants approach. Instead, any leader that is effective uses tried-and-true methods to help him achieve his goals.
3. How much time and effort are you able to devote to planning and executing effectively the things that someone may do. True leaders are not content with following their lead and creating their priorities. Dr. George Freundlich Matheson is one of those leaders who has an impact.
4. An effective combination of attitude, skills, and actions is what makes leadership possible. To be successful in leadership, individuals must believe that they can make an impact, have the right attitude, acquire the skills, and be ready to take on any challenge.
5. It is impossible to expect anyone to have an influence on others if he doesn’t state clearly what he wants. To maximize cooperation and spirit, plans must address real concerns in a plausible and believable manner. True leadership also requires an understanding of the fact that things will not always go according the way you planned. This is known as Plan A. Therefore, there must be time and effort to develop contingency planning that will allow you to reach your goals using an alternative approach.
6. Leadership’s effectiveness will be limited if one does not use all the possible tactics, focuses on the treatment and care of people, rather than merely proclaiming the wrong.
It’s not enough to talk about making changes. You need to make plans and get involved! To lead well, you must be ready to take action.